Bug with uncalibrated verification (onchange button enable code not executed?)

Home Forums Help and Support Bug with uncalibrated verification (onchange button enable code not executed?)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

sblive
    Participant

Hi!

First: one of the best open source software, I love ArgyllCMS and DisplayCAL!

I like to do pre-cal verification (=uncalibrated native) reports, but the “measurement report” button is disabled by default.
    But, all you have to do is disable and re-enable “use sim. profile as display profile” and it will work – so I guess the OnChange code that decides wheter the button should be enabled should be called initially as well and this bug would be gone.

Also: I usually like to do this: report uncalibrated, cal (adj. whitepoint, keep screenshot, cal, profile), keep screenshot of coverage result, keep screenshot of profile info, report calibrated
    This requires user interactions with potentially hours in between and time could be saved by doing all this e.g. over night automated.

If at least the basic workflow (report, cal, report) could be automated, or at the very least verification could be like 3D LUT tab (e.g. “verify after calibration”) that would help a lot and I guess shouldn’t be too hard to implement! Obviously the other stuff is more complicated to automate (whitepoint requires interaction etc.) and the profile info could be captured manually later.

Thanks!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

the preconditions for verification measurements are:

1. Either of the following:

• Case 1: “<Current>” selected under settings, and an actual display device selected under “Display & instrument” tab (not a virtual display like Web or madVR)
    • Case 2: Or a generated profile (not a preset) selected under settings

2. In addition to the above:

• For case 1, either (A) a profile assigned to the selected display in the operating system, or (B) a simulation profile selected and enabled together with “Use simulation profile as display profile” and verification tone curve set to “Unmodified”.
    • For case 2, either (A) a simulation profile selected and enabled, or (B) no simulation profile.

3. Any selected profile file(s) and the selected verification chart need to exist.

But, all you have to do is disable and re-enable “use sim. profile as display profile” and it will work

Doing that will reset verification tone curve to “Unmodified”, which will enable case 1 (B).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS