BUG with Resolve on 3.1.7.3 (possibly also 3.1.7.0?)

Home Forums Help and Support BUG with Resolve on 3.1.7.3 (possibly also 3.1.7.0?)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Manuel Weber
    Participant

When trying to profile through Resolve, I got:

/Applications/VIDEO/Argyll_V1.9.2/bin/dispcal -C "/usr/bin/python2.7" ./.wait -v2 -d1 -c1 -yn -P1,1,0.01 -X WGCCFLFamily_07Feb11.ccss -w0.3127,0.329 -b Resolve VIEWER 2016-11-16 21-55 0.3127x 0.329y S XYZLUT
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/Applications/VIDEO/DisplayCAL-3.1.7.3/DisplayCAL/worker.py", line 4424, in exec_cmd
    self.patterngenerator.wait()
    File "/Applications/VIDEO/DisplayCAL-3.1.7.3/DisplayCAL/patterngenerators.py", line 118, in wait
    except socket.error:
    AttributeError: type object '_socketobject' has no attribute 'error'

so on line 118 of patterngenerators.py, I replaced

except socket.error:
    with
    except error:
    (as far as I understood the code, this would not be a socket error, though?)

best, Manu

• This topic was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Manuel Weber.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Florian Höch.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

This is the correct fix (has also been in SVN for a while), but note that it still won’t be able to resolve (no pun) the IP address of the machine. This isn’t a big problem as you can check the IP in system preferences if you don’t happen to know it from memory, but the underlying (system) configuration problem won’t go away. In the next update (3.2, to be released shortly) I’ve switched to another method to determine host IP address, which will hopefully work around such configuration problems.

Manuel Weber
    Participant

…. In the next update (3.2, to be released shortly) I’ve switched to another method to determine host IP address, which will hopefully work around such configuration problems.

Perfect, thanks!
    It used to crash completely, but now it’s working again. ATM I’m using just localhost anyways…

greets m

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS