Black areas appear pixelated & HDR unavailable

Home Forums Help and Support Black areas appear pixelated & HDR unavailable

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Jere Mehto
    Participant

Hello, I have two questions:

I have recently purchased a new display, Lenovo Legion Y27q-20 27-inch WLED Gaming Monitor. I am still quite unfamiliar with the monitor. I run it in sRGB mode because without it it’s just too dim and if I brighten it, the black areas are not black at all.

As per screenshots (I don’t know if this is visible in your monitors, it can be brought out more by increasing brightness & saturation), I have a problem with black areas when watching videos. They appear to bring out too much detail in the dark areas, causing the borders between black and almost black areas to become visible and appear pixelated. This was apparent even before I installed DisplayCal and the profiles for normal and sGRB modes which I got via this article: https://motherbear.home.blog/2019/12/08/lenovo-legion-y27q-20-review/

Is there any way to fix the black areas, and if so then how? I know lowering brightness and increasing contrast from Nvidia control panel does hide them but it messes up the picture quality in total (too dim or too saturated).

Also, another question: does DisplayCal disable the option to enable HDR via Windows 10? I can’t see any adjustments for brightness or HDR after installing DisplayCal, can these be enabled somehow? I enjoy HDR especially when gaming.

Thank you for the tips and support!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS