Big issues getting good srgb value with displaycal

Home Forums General Discussion Big issues getting good srgb value with displaycal

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Girafingo
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m a first time user of Displaycal – I have experienced the following issues:

My ASUS monitor has a 100% SRGB – it’s 2 months old. When I previously used my Spyder 5 Pro – it would calibrate and confirm 99% SRGB. However the Spyder wasn’t reliable in terms of colour. When I tried the Spyder 5 Pro with displaycal it resulted in my SRGB value going down to 57%.

I then tried using an X-rite I1 Display Pro with displaycal – and also ensured the correction used the X-Rite colour settings – this gets my monitor up to 87% SRGB – but I can’t get up to the high 90s SRGB. I found that when amending the RGB values in the monitor if i keep one colour to 100 and adjust the other two accordingly it returns a better SRGB. I put my patches up to 2000. However despite all that i’m frustrated that I can’t get to near 100% srgb on my new monitor.

Any ideas?

I’m

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

what’s the exact model of your monitor? Did you disable all its “dynamic” functionality (if it has any)?

Girafingo
    Participant

Hi mate, it’s a PB278QR 27 inch IPS Professional Monitor. All auto dynamic functions have been turned off.

Vincent
    Participant

Seems sRGB 100%
    https://colorimetercorrections.displaycal.net/hash/2c574d361182102408832e728c1ca057/Ancor%20Communications%20ASUS%20PB278%20%28spectraval%29.ccss

Maybe you are using sRGB preset with some gamut limitation instead of native, move to user/custom OSD mode and reset allvalues to factory default like 6axis controsl or something like that. Just tweak brightness control and RGB gains.
    Also attach profile or plot CIE a*b* 2D gamut plot so you/we can see where are gamut boundaries

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS