Big difference with colormunki display software

Home Forums Help and Support Big difference with colormunki display software

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dimedrol
    Participant

Hi

I am a long time user of a colormunki display colorimeter. I’ve been using it on multiple displays with consistently good results for about 5 years. Lately I needed to profile a plasma TV and native software produced an awful result. I decided it doesn’t work with dim displays, such as plasma TVs (though it has a profile for them). So I resorted to DisplayCal which worked fine although the result was different from what I am used to. I thought maybe it was down to plasma TV limitations in color reproduction. Today I decided to try DisplayCal on my main IPS monitor. Turned out the result was also very different from what I am used to. I’d say it was a bit washed out and greenish (I use 6500k color temperature and target luminance =90).  Both DisplayCal and native software showed improvement over default profile, but native software profile changes were more pronounced and to my taste more true to the image.

So my question is: why is the difference? What is the point in calibrating your display if there’s no consistency even among calibration tools? Presently I stick with native software cause I like the result more and it feels more natural, but I am puzzled.

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Please see the FAQ.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS