Best preset for prepress/printing

Home Forums Help and Support Best preset for prepress/printing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

DanielFG
    Participant

Hi there,

First of all thanks for your great software!  Secondly let me mention what I am using:  DisplayCal 3.7.1.4 on Gnu-Linux/Debian_Stable, with the Spyder3.

I am laying out a small run book, NOT really professional and I am not über-mad about color, but if I am here, I guess it is because I care enough.

I was wondering if the best preset to use is “Softproof (5800K, 160cd/m2, L*)”, o simply “Photo (D50, 2.2)

I know there will be a point in time -in the future- where I will learn enough, I will have better hardware (i.e. a “real” monitor), a better calibration device, and perhaps print at a better press (this one might be good enough). For the time being, I guess that a reasonable preset will do, unless pointed otherwise here.

Thanks in advance!

• This topic was modified 5 years ago by DanielFG.
    • This topic was modified 5 years ago by DanielFG.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

do you have the need to do softproofing to a reference under controlled lighting (e.g. viewing booth)? Then the “softproof” preset may be a good start, although if you are not editing images in ECI-RGB v2 colorspace (which has an L* tone response curve), then a more general preset may be more suitable (or the defaults).

DanielFG
    Participant

As always, thanks for your help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS