Benq Sw320 Calibration for Video Colorgrading

Home Forums Help and Support Benq Sw320 Calibration for Video Colorgrading

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

sdwlk
    Participant

I was hard to try to understand calibration process, reading manual and topics on this site. It’s very useful but still i have many question in my head to understand whole picture.  My goal its to calibrate my Benq sw320 connected through DP on Win10 to use in Resolve for Color Grading.

I Use colormunki display, also i have spyder5 to use it in PME benq calibration software but it gives me random results or squashy blacks or milky blacks. So i leave PME alone.

0. What color gamut mode should i set on monitor before calibration 709, P3?
    there is none Native Gamut option available.

1. What correction should i choose for my monitor for ColorMunki Display?
    According to benq specification and displayspecifications  it has W-Led. cannot find any backlight specification in the panel datasheet
    On other site i found article to select LCD RGB LED (HP SOYO)
    But someone on this site sugested to use LCD PFS Phosphor WLED IPS 98% Adobe  RGB

2. As i understand i should use Custom gamma 2.4 (according to report on calibrated display) for 100% black offset is it right?

3. On 3dlut creation page i should use Same settings for Custom Gamma 2.4 (Relative) with same 100% black offset?
    If i use default setting for Video preset with different gamma that what used on calibration in the resolve image very lighten (milky blacks and so on)

4. Verification report
    How to verify my 3dlut? i can’t find any why to load in through UI
    And what Simulation Profile should i use to verify it?

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

0)
    If you are using Premiere, AFAIK it’s not color managed so if you cannot trust PME (which is expected) you’ll have to rely on some Rec709/sRGB gamut limitation from factory ,then fix white & gamma to your desired target (typical D65 gamma 2.4), all  done in GPU.
    If you are going to use Resolve and its software LUT3D, there should be some “custom”/”user” mode with native gamut and access to RGB gains. Fix white using gains, then proceed with recomended Resolve workflow.

1)
    SW320 is either some cheap AHVA QLED or some kind of IPS/AHVA GB-LED or (unlikely) some WLED PFS. I think that it’s too old to be the later one.
    I’ll try GB-LED (U2413) but if you wish you can try Florian’s native gamut QLED correction from a SW2700PT. It should be in some thread not to long ago. A well behaved i1d3 may show less than 2dE between those 2 corrections in whitepoint.

2-3) It’s a 1000:1 IPS so I would say that your hints seem correct

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Vincent.

sdwlk
    Participant

Thanks! But I still have a lot things to cover.
    First i didn’t understand should i limit my gamut to 709 before calibration or i can use Native (p3 Mode) when doing calibration?

Second on LUT creation page should i set source to 709 if its will be mine delivery format. Is it limit my calibration to 709 on P3 monitor or i’m completly wrong with this? I can see that lut makes less saturated RED when applied in Resolve on P3 or 709 Gamut modes

Third how to check LUT calibration on DisplayCal Verification Tab, where should i put LUT?

Vincent
    Participant

Thanks! But I still have a lot things to cover.
    First i didn’t understand should i limit my gamut to 709 before calibration or i can use Native (p3 Mode) when doing calibration?

For Vegas/Premiere you need to limit to content colorspace.

For Resolve you do not need to do that, move to some custom color mode (it must have at least one), fix white point and make profile for Resolve LUT3D.

Second on LUT creation page should i set source to 709 if its will be mine delivery format. Is it limit my calibration to 709 on P3 monitor or i’m completly wrong with this? I can see that lut makes less saturated RED when applied in Resolve on P3 or 709 Gamut modes

Source: content colorspace
    Destination: display profile, BUT it is only valid in the OSD + OSD settings used to create it.
    If you use P3 mode to create a LUT3D for Resolve and you move to Rec709 it is no longer valid.

Third how to check LUT calibration on DisplayCal Verification Tab, where should i put LUT?

With madVR it takes default LUT installed by DisplayCAL. With Resolve IDNK, maybe through device link profile equivalent to that LUT3D, but better to ask Florian.

“cube” LUT generated by DisplayCAL could be validated with other tools like Lightspace ZERO (free one) but it lacks CCSS community support.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Vincent. Reason: My fault, you do not have a mac, I've mixed threads
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS