BENQ SW271 CAN’T PASS VERIFICATION MAC+RESOLVE+MINI MONITOR

Home Forums Help and Support BENQ SW271 CAN’T PASS VERIFICATION MAC+RESOLVE+MINI MONITOR

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Juan
    Participant

Hello!

I’m struggling with my BENQ SW 271 calibration. I did a successful calibration three months ago but now I can’t in Mac. I tried in a PC and the verification is ok

I’m calibrating with Resolve (17.1 & 17.2.2) throw a BM Mini Monitor card. My system is a Mac M1 and also tested with an Intel. I also used 2 different i1 Pro colorimeters, and nothing works.

The monitor settings are color gamut; Adobe RGB. Gamma 2.4 and I adjust white balance with Display Cal. The contrast is in default (50)

My Display Cal Settings: 

I choose Resolve at the profile.

Colorimeter correction tried with:

-HP – Soyo
    -Automatic
    -CCSS BenQ SW271 (ColorMunki) 3.3nm, 380-730nm (2019-07-26 15:34:59)

PROFILING

The number of patches put 6500

Calibration TAB

White point I don’t touch it.
    80 cd/m2
    Gamma: Tried with

-2.4 offset 100% absolute

The results are always around ΔE 4

MAX ΔE 8

I tried with a PC and It worked so the problem is with Mac. What can I do?

Help me please!

Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

Take a look on CIE a*b* plot. Looks like it is applying LUT3D twice or LUT3D + some ICC color management.

If you use a device link profile, output cannot have a LUT3D applied on its own or you’ll apply it twice.

As a general rule for report inspection:
    -low contrast with no Uniformity compensation applied => likely to have HDMI range issues
    -desaturation => color management applied twice (likely to be this one), HDMI range issues or verifying on a OSD preset not used fro calibration

Juan
    Participant

Solved!

Thanks Vicent I had checked the box In Verification that says “Device Link profile” I unchecked and it’s working well.

Thanks!

Juan
    Participant

Take a look on CIE a*b* plot. Looks like it is applying LUT3D twice or LUT3D + some ICC color management.

Just to learn, what you are seeing is the column Nominal Values vs Measured Values and you realized is the double?

Thanks!

Vincent
    Participant

Just to learn, what you are seeing is the column Nominal Values vs Measured Values and you realized is the double?

Thanks!

At the end of report there is a gamut 2D plot in CIE a*b* coordinates. Easy to inspect before going to numbers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS