BenQ PV 270 Color Adjustment

Home Forums Help and Support BenQ PV 270 Color Adjustment

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

StephenL
    Participant

Hello,

Apologies for the basic question, but does anyone else have a BenQ PV270 and have any luck calibrating it in DaVinci Resolve? I’m using DisplayCal through resolve, and my monitor is hooked up through an Ultrastudio Mini Monitor. When I get to the initial display adjustment settings my green level is significantly higher than the red and blue, and when I change either the hue or saturation settings to try and get the white point balanced none of the sliders move. They change the hue and saturation of each color when the color is actually present, but I have no idea how to move beyond this first step. How do I get my whitepoint to be balanced?

Vincent
    Participant

Use RGB gains, not CMYRGB saturation or hue controls.

Also you’ll need some suitable spectral correction if you use an i1d3. It looks like a QLED, so try to find a native gamut CCSS from a QLED like a SW2700PT, search online. Otherwise your white with all bars equal on DisplayCAL’s popup may not look white to your eyes.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

StephenL
    Participant

That was it! Thanks so much for taking the time to answer a question from a noob, it really helped me out.

Gosse
    Participant

I am stuck here . Could you please elaborate on how to use RGB Gains(DUMB Question : only  RGBCMY is available in menu and as I move the slider on HUE nothing changes on the reading)

StephenL
    Participant

The tricky thing is that the RGB gains are actually under white balance, all the way at the bottom. It doesn’t show up until you’ve scrolled all the way past the highest Kelvin number so it was definitely pretty hidden. Keep in mind you also might have to set your color space to Custom or User Defined or something like that.

Vincent
    Participant

StephenL answered you Gosse, I did not read PV270 manual. RGBCMY is for trying to emulate rec709 using OSD controls, reducing native gamut to other smaller colorspace

Gosse
    Participant

Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS