been several years since I calibrated, suggestions

Home Forums Help and Support been several years since I calibrated, suggestions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jon Iverson
    Participant

Finally have DisplayCal installed on my latest Ubuntu 22.04 and running a calibration based on this:

Calbirate Screen with DisplayCAL and Spyder5

Seems simple enough (of course suggestions welcome if not), but I still have a question:

Since I use both Win 10 and Ubuntu, selected at boot, and calibrate the same monitor independently in DisplayCal in both OS’s, is it ok to have interactive display adjustment UNchecked?     If not, then I would have to readjust my monitor settings depending on which OS I am booting into.

Thanks in advance.

Vincent
    Participant

Unless you add GPU driver tweaks (you should not) there is no need for 2 calibrations, just copy profile and run a profile verification (measurement reprot without simulation profiles)

Jon Iverson
    Participant

Unless you add GPU driver tweaks (you should not) there is no need for 2 calibrations, just copy profile and run a profile verification (measurement reprot without simulation profiles)

Ok, thanks for the info.  Well, I did the calibration and saved the profile folder while in Win 10.  I also adjusted my display interactively as instructed.  I then rebooted into Ubuntu and copied, saved, and loaded the profile folder into Dispcal there.  So now the profile is the same for both OS’s using the same monitor.

I’m not sure what to select under verification settings since I’ve never used it before and would welcome your thoughts.  I obviously have simulation profile checked but what should I be selecting for test chart/ reference, do I check simulate whitepoint, and what simulation profile selection (maybe sRGB since that’s what tone curve I used during calibration)?  Also what about checking/ unchecking use simulation profile as display profile and whatever selections for tone curve?

Thanks in advance.

Vincent
    Participant

I obviously have simulation profile checked but what should I be selecting for test chart/ reference, do I check simulate whitepoint, and what simulation profile selection (maybe sRGB since that’s what tone curve I used during calibration)?  Also what about checking/ unchecking use simulation profile as display profile and whatever selections for tone curve?

Thanks in advance.

Do not use it. Just verify profile itself with no simulation profile. Search in forum what those options are, not for your test.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS