Basic settings for BenQ PD2700U using SpyderX

Home Forums Help and Support Basic settings for BenQ PD2700U using SpyderX

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Robbus
    Participant

Hi,

Hope you don’t mind some pretty basic questions but I’m totally new to this calibration game so I’ve probably got a few dumb questions to ask.

I’ve run a calibration on the monitor, display mode set to User so I could adjust the RGB values via the OSD and it generated a profile with the results per the attached image.

What I’m not sure though is if I chose the right mode, I was following this video for setting DisplayCal up to use a Spyder calibrator – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMJnVmfChX4 – which suggests that most LCDs are ‘White LED’, which I appreciate is a bit of a generalisation, however this thread – https://hub.displaycal.net/forums/topic/measuring-a-wrong-whitepoint/ – suggests the BenQ might not be and I so I’m wondering if I should choose WLED, RGB LED or whether I’m just not understanding the technical stuff (OK, I know I’m not understanding that).

Also with regard to the SpyderX, the above youtube tutorial was based on a Spyder5 and when I came to the part to ‘import colorimeter corrections from other display profiling software’, there wasn’t an option for the SpyderX, is this step not necessary with the SpyderX? I tried checking the Spyder4/5 box and selecting the SpyderXPro_5.4_Setup.exe but that just gave this error: oeminst: Error – Didn’t locate any files to install – no CD present ?

Thanks for any tips!

Cheers,
    Rob

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

the display you have is probably white LED, judging from the gamut coverages. You can search for it on displayspecifications.com to get details.

The SpyderX has no importable corrections.

Robbus
    Participant

Thanks Florian, that’s great, looks like I’m good to go with the calibration I got!

Cheers,
    Rob

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS