Automatic fails with Resolve and ColorMunki Smile

Home Forums Help and Support Automatic fails with Resolve and ColorMunki Smile

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

anonymous SourceForge

I followed the wiki for use with Resolve and created a 271 patch using 15 for max repeat for dark patches and 3 for min. When I start the measure with auto on, it does well until it gets to the first or second black patch. Either the beeping stops or it moves to the next color before reading the black patch. I tried it with a max repeat of 20 but got the same problem.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi, does the Resolve workflow not work for you? The untethered mode should really only be used if you don’t have any other option.

• This reply was modified on 2015-06-02 05:04:04 by fhoech.

anonymous SourceForge

It almost works. I’m not sure I really have any other option. It always fails on either the first or second black patch. I tried increasing the dark patch time to 30 seconds and it still fails.

I did a manual reading and that worked and created a good profile, but I made some adjustments to the monitor and wanted to try automatic again instead of the tedious manual mode.

Any thoughts on why it stops beeping on the blacks? Does it need even more time?

Thanks.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I’m not sure I really have any other option.

Have you looked at the link I provided?

anonymous SourceForge

I was following the wiki here: http://ehc.ac/p/dispcalgui/wiki/3D%20LUT%20creation%20workflow%20for%20Resolve/?version=2

I’ll take a look at yours…

Thanks.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I was following the wiki here: http://ehc.ac/p/dispcalgui/wiki/3D%20LUT%20creation%20workflow%20for%20Resolve/?version=2

That’s highly outdated (by over a year) and should no longer be used.

anonymous SourceForge

Thanks, but now I’m having other issues.

When I press Start Measurement in the Interactive Display Adjustment window, I see a small error message that says something like “Import error, no module named”. It beeps once or twice and then gives me an error “Lost sync with pattern generator”

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Can you attach the log? Thanks.

anonymous SourceForge

Here’s the log…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Thanks. Please try the 0install version.

anonymous SourceForge

I can’t get the 0Install version to run. That’s why I used the other.

I downloaded the 0Install and placed the files in a folder in my Applications folder. When I start dispcalGUI it says that it needs Zero Install 2.8 to run so I choose Download and Install. When I run the installer I get “Installation failed”.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

You may have to temporarily allow applications downloaded from anywhere (System Preferences).

anonymous SourceForge

It still fails. Also, something is wrong with that installer. It presents an open file dialog and I have no idea why. Then it tries to install, but still fails.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

anonymous SourceForge

That seems to be working. Interestingly, both of the package installers need to divide their installation progress by 100. i.e.: they both show 10000% completed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS