Asus Proart 32UC + Davinci Resolve HDR

Home Forums Help and Support Asus Proart 32UC + Davinci Resolve HDR

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jsfilmz0412
    Participant

Good morning!! New guy here with a quick question. I have BMD decklink mini 4k connected to an asus proart 32UC monitor. What is the best way to go about on calibrating my monitor for hdr grading. Below are the steps I have tried. I feel like im getting close but i just want to see if anyone has a better way.

Method 1: Set output Color space to rec 2020 in resolve then Enable HDR through HDMI option. Doing this kicks the HDR preset on the monitor automatically

Method 2. Calibrate standard the monitor using spyder 5 and displaycal to standard rec709 and create a rec 2020 3d lut full range then use this lut in davinci resolve as a 3d viewer lut.

What do you guys think? The delivery will be for youtube. Thank you in advance.

Willian Aleman
    Participant

Hello everybody,

Youtube most commom  delivery format is HLG, (ITU2100) which has a different transfer function than PQ Rec.2020. The benefit of HDR HLG is the compatibility it has to SDR. Then, I would calibrated the display to the client delivery format.

See Rec.2020 as the container and Rec.2100 as the PQ curve/gamma.

Because of HLG compatibility,  it’s not necessary to make and HDR version and a trim pass to SDR. Both formats are within one container. See HLG as an extension of SDR in terms of extended dynamic range, color hue and saturation volume.

Also, when uploading and HDR files, Youtube automatically makes an SDR version of the HDR. TVs without HDR will play the SDR , ignoring the HDR flag, while modern TVs with HDR will switch automatically to HDR – HLG.

Hope this helps

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS