ASUS Pg279Q Calibration – terrible Lower right corner?

Home Forums Help and Support ASUS Pg279Q Calibration – terrible Lower right corner?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anth0ny
    Participant

I think i know enough to be dangerous and stupid at the same time, so my interpretation might be 100% wrong, but I went down a rabbit hole today trying to figure out WTF is going on with my expensive ass IPS Gsync monitor.  For the longest I have though the IPS glow of my panel was outside of “normal” and that I should RMA.

I have been hesitant to RMA since i would be without my monitor for weeks, be responsible for packaging, and have ZERO guarantee ASUS would do a damn thing but open it up and ship it right back.

So I spent a few hours today testing the monitor with my Spyder5 pro and DisplayCAL.

I reset the monitor to default settings and then set a target Cd/m2 white level to 100 because i tend to game in a rather dark room. (yes, issue right there with IPS, i get that, either way there is a such thing as TOO MUCH glow/bleed).

Anyway, i then ran a 2 hour calibration to get the RGB and Whitepoint as close to 100% sRGB and 6500k as i could.

I then ran ColorChecker reports on the Center, and all four corners to see how much of an outlier, if any, the lower right corner really is.

Here are my results:

ASUS PG279Q Color and WhitePoint Calibration – Inconsistent Results

Does this provide Evidence that my monitor panel is unevenly distributing color and light and is therefore worthy of RMA?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

DisplayCAL has an uniformity test which might be more suitable for these kinds of assessments.

That said, it all comes down to how accommodating Asus is. As long as they are not guaranteeing a specific panel uniformity (usually only a thing with expensive prepress or video grading monitors), they can pretty much choose at will which tolerances they find acceptable. Your results don’t look too bad (within ~3 dE, I’ve seen much worse), so the question is, even if they do RMA you a different one: Will it be better?

Anth0ny
    Participant

How would I run a uniformity test and would that require a hardware monitor that covers the entire screen?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Menu Tools -> Report -> Uniformity.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS