ASBL

Home Forums Help and Support ASBL

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

iSeries
    Participant

Hi,

My LG plasma can be a bit of a nightmare thanks to I guesss ASBL (starts out full brightness but then dims and dims and dims and dims, and then  something snaps it out of it and it goes back to full brightness). So I’m interested in trying the options that aims to avoid ASBL, ‘maximise lightness difference’, ‘maximise luma difference’, maximise RGB difference’ and ‘vary RGB difference’. Which of these is the recommended method? Is there any of these specifically recommended for a plasma?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

I would start out with ‘maximise lightness difference’. None of these patch ordering methods have been thoroughly tested and compared so far because I lack a display with ASBL (in fact I’m interested in user feedback), but they all work in a similar fashion (alternating light/dark patches). It’s probably also a good idea to additionally enable white level drift compensation.

iSeries
    Participant

Hi Florian, just to give a little feedback – ‘maximise lightness difference’ worked perfectly. My plasma did not dim at all during the standard 1500 patch run. I’ll try with a larger patch run later and post back.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Thanks for the feedback 🙂

iSeries
    Participant

Hi Florian,

Did a 3500 patch run yesterday evening, and good news, ‘maximise lightness difference’ worked perfectly again. On older versions without this feature I was limited to much shorter patch runs because the ASBL would kick in and ruin the calibration.

Thank you!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by iSeries.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS