Argyll is not showing up in Device Manager of Windows 10.

Home Forums Help and Support Argyll is not showing up in Device Manager of Windows 10.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Eli38
    Participant

Hi,

This is my first time using DisplayCal with i1 Display Pro calibrator. At the moment this is the only calibration software installed on my Windows 10 system. For some reason I don’t see Argyll under Device Manager utility in Windows 10. Yes, I got my calibrator plugged in. Also when I tried pulling the driver from the .exe file of i1 – DisplayCal couldn’t do it. Does it mean it is not supported?

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

the i1 Display Pro does not require a driver.

Eli38
    Participant

Oh, okay, thanks! I watched one video about a Spyder calibrator and a guy was pulling it from the .exe file and I thought the same applies to i1. But what about Argyll not showing up under USB interfaces, is that ok?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Only specific instruments require an ArgyllCMS driver. See the quickstart guide in the documentation.

Eli38
    Participant

Thanks a lot for a quick response and your help! I tried Palette Master, X-Rite and they a very poor in results. I’m glad I found out about DisplayCal.

Eli38
    Participant

Florian,  do you happen to know if I need to check the box for “White level drift compensation” and “Black level drift compensation” if I’m using i1 Display Pro?

Also, do I need to put a shade on my monitor when calibrating? As far as I know this calibrator check for exterior light…

Vincent
    Participant

Florian,  do you happen to know if I need to check the box for “White level drift compensation” and “Black level drift compensation” if I’m using i1 Display Pro?

No, yours is just a LED backlight monitor, not a plasma or OLED.

Also, do I need to put a shade on my monitor when calibrating? As far as I know this calibrator check for exterior light…

Software MAY check for ambient light, not device by itself.
    Ambient light readings and display readings are done with the same hardware sensor, the only difference is where is placed colorimeter’s hood… so you cannot make ambient reading while it’s placed over display.

If you are going to use your benq in a color managed enviroment (and my guess is “yes”) you should not use ambient light compensation because it will be undone, just try to get a “better” ambient light enviroment.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS