Argyll driver not installing on Spyder5pro

Home Forums Help and Support Argyll driver not installing on Spyder5pro

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Newbez
    Participant

As stated in the title I cannot for the love of god get it to work. This is my first time using a calibration tool but I am not as dumb as to not being able to install drivers. Displaycal does not prompt me to install a driver, I tried launching it in admin mode,  I have deleted previous drivers etc, I have gone to tools->install bla bla bla but all I get when I look at the device manager is: datacolor spyder 5 with the error: drivers for this device are not installed, there are no compatible drivers for this device. It also never shows up on displaycal

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I have gone to tools->install

So what was the result? Details please.

when I look at the device manager is: datacolor spyder 5 with the error: drivers for this device are not installed

Have you tried different USB port(s) (preferably USB 2.0 as all the colorimeters are USB 2 devices, although in odd cases USB 3 may work better due to stricter power specs)?

Newbez
    Participant

I have tried both usb 2.0 and 3.0 in several different ports. And as for tools->install the results were: none. Nothing happens, the driver installs according to displaycal but the device manager says the spyder5 still has no driver and displaycal still can’t see the device even after scanning afterwards.

Newbez
    Participant

Fixed it…For some reason my antivirus was blocking it without asking me. Suddenly it started asking me for permission so I just turned it off. Also I didn’t have to uninstall old driver, worked immediately. Thanks tho

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS