Are you going to provide support for “Calibrite Display SL”…

Home Forums Help and Support Are you going to provide support for “Calibrite Display SL”…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

JorgeFotoMex
    Participant

Are you going to provide support for “Calibrite Display SL” formerly known as “i1 DisplayPro, ColorMunki Display”?

….in theory they are the same.
    Apparently Calibrite bought the rights to xRite.

If you have an old “ColorMunki Display”, then the xRite page invites you to visit the calibrite site, and pay for an upgrade.
    But I would like to know if after paying for the update I can continue using your “DisplayCal” software.

Look at these links:

1.- https://www.xrite.com/en/categories/calibration-profiling/colormunki-display

2.- https://calibrite.com/us/software-downloads/

Excuse me, I am translating from Spanish to English, using Google translate.
    Greetings from Mexico.
    Jorge Aguilar.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Old Man
    Participant

I think the new meters work with DisplayCAL. Maybe someone can confirm. Meter support is provided by argyllcms, though, so, really, you’d have to ask on the argyllcms mailing list.

You don’t need the update to continue using an old meter with DisplayCAL. The update is to use Calibrite software, which you don’t need and probably don’t want either.

Greetings from the US!

JorgeFotoMex
    Participant

You are absolutely right, I don’t need to buy the update, because I use Windows PC with “DisplayCal”.

But for my friend who I share my calibrator with, “DisplayCal” does not work on his MacOs, so that is why we are thinking of paying for the update in “Calibrite”, but we do not know if that will cause “DisplayCal” to no longer recognize my “ColorMunki Display” on Mi PC. That’s the big problem.
    Thanks and regards OldMan.
    Note: before update it will be called “X-Rite ColorMunki Display”, and after update it will be called “Calibrite ColorChecker Display”

Ben
    Participant

There is a python 3 version.  https://github.com/eoyilmaz/displaycal-py3

Old Man
    Participant

Yep. Like Ben says, Mac users can use the python 3 fork of DisplayCAL.

As far as I know, the update is just a software update. I don’t think it changes anything about the meter

JorgeFotoMex
    Participant

@OldMan and @ Ben , does that “Python 3” install easily on MacOs?

Regarding the update, I think the same, and it’s probably just a name change:
    -Previous owner: xRite
    -New owner: Calibrite

…just a new label WITHOUT changing anything.

Greetings, Jorge from Mexico.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by JorgeFotoMex.

Ben
    Participant

I think so.    I do not have mac os.  https://pypi.org/project/DisplayCAL/#description

It has links on the websites to find info.   Download files gives a link to installing packages.   Mac Os probably has the requirments built in but the guide tells how to check and give tips.

Vincent
    Participant

I have doubts that Calibrite app is even trying to apply colorimeter corrections. Calling to REST service responsible for i1d3 operation (calibrite app publishes a localhost web server that attends colirmeter oparation request and the sends it to Xrite library) says it is not…

Also official DisplayCAL built on python 2 crashes on SOnoma at startup.

Erkan’s port to python 3 was working on SOnoma but calibration report seems to malfunction.

Remember that on Macbooks with XDR display you should not use Calibrite or DisplayCAL , at least on 1st try, to calibrate.
    You use Displaycal or even commandline ArgyllCMS with WLED PFS colorimeter correction to get a native white reading (CIE xy Y), then you run Apple’s display customization /tune or something like that and when requested put curremt whitepoint of display (CI xy Y you measured)

Unfortunatelly macOS 3rd party GPU calibration (non Mac, non Eizo) is looking grim unless somebody take Erkan’s work to continue development.

JorgeFotoMex
    Participant

Oh wow, at this point I feel like it would be best for me to buy a new generation calibrator. Thank you all!.

Jorge from México

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS