Are my settings correct?

Home Forums Help and Support Are my settings correct?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello, everyone! I am new to the forums and to calibrating, so I wanted to hear a second opinion about my settings from a more experienced user. I am using the Spyder5Pro to calibrate my Acer Predator XB271HUb for multimedia usage (movies and games). I imported the correction profiles from the Spyder software.

Thank you very much in advance and have a great day!

Rashid
    Participant

AFAIK you should change mode from LCD (generic) to LCD White LED and set correction to None. Correction doesn’t work with Spyders. Also for movies better use preset “Video (D65, Rec.1886)”.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I didn’t know the corrections did not work for Spyders, thank you! Any further tips would be much appreciated.

MW
    Participant

You kan set white point to as measured to maintain contrast. 175 patches is optimal for computer monitors.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you for the reply, MW! Do you think I should set the white level to “as measured” as well?

MW
    Participant

Only if the supplied correction is a bad match for the display and the native white point is closer to white visually. Keep in mind only color managed apps will be fully corrected, some like Chrome only work with a Single curve + matrix profile type. Some others use 3DLUT which are created in a separate step.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by MW.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS