Apple iMac 5K Retina calibration

Home Forums Help and Support Apple iMac 5K Retina calibration

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Florian!
    I I’m in need of calibrating a new iMac retina 5K.

1. Will the DisplayCAL works this type of screen? If so, I’ll be using a Spyder 3 colorimeter.
    2. When choosing the type of display/screen type in the software, which do recommend? APPLE states the following in their screen description:
    “iMac Retina P3 COLOR THAT SHIFTS AWAY FROM STANDARD WHITE LEDs TO ADVANCED RED/GREEN PHOSPHER LEDs.”

3. Upon calibration, should the brightness level be set at maximum in this iMac. It’s the only control on this Mac.
    Thank you very much for your help!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

Will the DisplayCAL works this type of screen?

Yes, but:

I’ll be using a Spyder 3 colorimeter

The Spyder3 is an old device from an era where most LCD screens had a CCFL backlight. It may not be suitable for more modern backlight types.

When choosing the type of display/screen type in the software, which do recommend? APPLE states the following in their screen description:
    “iMac Retina P3 COLOR THAT SHIFTS AWAY FROM STANDARD WHITE LEDs TO ADVANCED RED/GREEN PHOSPHER LEDs.”

The ColorMunki Display or i1Display Pro come with a correction for RG phosphor. You may also find a correction for your Spyder3 in the online corrections database, but keep in mind the latter are user-supplied and may or may not improve the accuracy of your particular device.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS