Anyone trying to calibrate a macbook pro 2010?

Home Forums Help and Support Anyone trying to calibrate a macbook pro 2010?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jonny
    Participant

I’m trying to calibrate my macbook pro 2010 13″, has a NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics card. I’m getting shades that are far too warm or cold after calibration and my internal macbook calibration system seems to do a better job of correcting my screen. I also see the blacks are very washed out when i’m on gamma 2.2 but they look alright at 1.8. If anyone can help and point me into the right direction that would be great

Florian Höch
    Administrator

What’s your measurement instrument? Did you use default settings?

Jonny
    Participant

I’m using a datacolor spyder5 Pro. I haven’t calibrated this macbook before and I wouldn’t know how to return it to default settings. I left it on ‘LCD Display’ in the display colour page in settings

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I meant default settings in DisplayCAL.

Jonny
    Participant

Oh in that case I used default settings first and i got a really cold tint on my screen and then after i tweaked the settings a bit and I got a really warm tint

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The calibration will make gray (R=G=B) have the same hue as the whitepoint. This is intended and the correct result. The choice of whitepoint is up to you, but MacBooks usually tend to have a reasonable (i.e. close to daylight locus) native whitepoint so there may be no reason to target a different one.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS