Ambient light setting change

Home Forums Help and Support Ambient light setting change

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author

Steve Smith
    Participant

What is ‘Preserve calibration state’ in your loader used for?  … Doesn’t the calibration stay loaded until I change it anyway?

What situations is it used for?

Thanks.

Steve Smith
    Participant

*Important*

I think I made a big mistake…

If I do a clean install of Argyll, do I need to re-import my meter corrections? … The correction is still in the drop-down box and I selected it, however, I’ve notice that when I install other profiles, then come back to the first, that the corrections field becomes empty! … Is the profile correction saved with it’s settings?

I think I ran an 11,000’er thinking that a correction was being applied, but maybe it was in name only (ie. Not connected to the actual correction file.)

What do you think?

Steve Smith
    Participant

Hi.

Is there any difference in the final quality of a ‘CIECAM02 condition’ when I set it to take place during the initial creation of the calibration\profile vs. recalculating it afterwords?  Or will both outcomes be exactly the same?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

What is ‘Preserve calibration state’ in your loader used for? … Doesn’t the calibration stay loaded until I change it anyway?

Basically it’s an on/off switch for the loader (not for the calibration). The loader reloads calibration every three seconds or so to make sure it is not lost ().

If I do a clean install of Argyll, do I need to re-import my meter corrections? …

Only if you deleted them.

Is the profile correction saved with it’s settings?

Yes.

Is there any difference in the final quality of a ‘CIECAM02 condition’ when I set it to take place during the initial creation of the calibration\profile vs. recalculating it afterwords?

Exactly the same.

Steve Smith
    Participant

The brightness in my working environment varies between 7 cd/m2 – 20cd/m2   What should I set the ‘CIECAM02 working environment to?  (Typical, darkened, or bright.)

What room-brightness is is suggested for each? … Online gives 4 categories, not three, and I confused. Lol!

Thanks.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Steve Smith.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The brightness in my working environment varies between 7 cd/m2 – 20cd/m2

That would qualify as dim, so “darkened” would be the closest preset.

What room-brightness is is suggested for each? … Online gives 4 categories, not three, and I confused. Lol!

There is no suggested room brightness – CIECAM02 models color appearance according to human vision, and this is a quite complex and involved topic. You can choose one of the viewing condition presets that comes closest to your actual viewing conditions.

Steve Smith
    Participant

Hello.

I just thought you’d want to know for your next update… See attached dialog box. Spelling error: “Dow you want to…”

I think you meant to say “Do” not “Dow”

Please don’t be offended, I’m just trying to help.

🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I think you meant to say “Do” not “Dow”

Yep, that’s a typo – thanks!

Steve Smith
    Participant

I wonder. Can I change the back light on my HDTV, or would that invalidate the current calibration\profile?

Thanks.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Can I change the back light on my HDTV, or would that invalidate the current calibration\profile?

Depends on how much the display response changes by adjusting the backlight after the fact. A small change probably hasn’t much effect. You can run a measurement report before and after to figure out how much the change affects the result.

shmimpton
    Participant

Florian, you mention:

You can just change the profiling settings and then use “Create profile from existing measurement data…” in the options menu and select the existing profile, then save to a new name.”

But I can’t find “Create profile from existing measurement data” anywhere in the GUI. I wonder if the name of the command has changed?

I’d like to try out the workflow in this post, but can’t do it until I can figure out how to do that step.

Thanks!

Steve Smith
    Participant

Under “file” choose  “Create profile from measurement data”

And make and make sure you have the latest version of displayCal  3.8.9.3

shmimpton
    Participant

Gah! I was thrown by the “options menu” instruction – can’t believe I didn’t look in the File menu. Thanks!

shmimpton
    Participant

One of the options in the Advanced gamut mapping options window is “Source profile.” It’s currently set to sRGB IEC61966….

Not sure if I should leave that or change it to Rec. 709 (which is the tone curve I’m using on the Calibration tab…) or something else.

Steve Smith
    Participant

I think both profiles are essentially the same

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS