Ambient light? (i1 Display Pro vs Colormunki)

Home Forums General Discussion Ambient light? (i1 Display Pro vs Colormunki)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

George Hsia
    Participant

Does DisplayCAL account for ambient light (luminance vs light color) in it’s calibrations?  I’m looking to determine the benefits of the i1 Display Pro vs the Colormunki Display.  Does DisplayCAL provide more accurate calibration using one or  the other?

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Does DisplayCAL account for ambient light (luminance vs light color) in it’s calibrations?

Note that the way other calibration packages account for changing ambient light is a gimmick, and should not be used for color critical work. That said, if you tightly control your viewing environment, you can simulate other viewing environments using a DisplayCAL-created profile, with vastly more power at your fingertips using CIECAM02 gamut mapping – see the advanced options (“gear” icon) on the “Profiling” tab. But most commonly you will probably not have any use for it.

I’m looking to determine the benefits of the i1 Display Pro vs the Colormunki Display.

The i1 Display Pro is a bit faster, and can deal better with “Refresh”-type displays (e.g. plasma TVs, projectors). Otherwise there is no difference in calibration accuracy.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS