Am I doing this correctly? (Thinkpad X1E FHD) – Maybe found a bug?

Home Forums Help and Support Am I doing this correctly? (Thinkpad X1E FHD) – Maybe found a bug?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

LeGuessWho
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I just got my i1Display Pro and decided to calibrate my laptop (Thinkpad X1 Extreme with FHD Screen) using DisplayCAL on Linux.

For that process I used the following settings and also believe to have found a bug. Maybe someone can verify if I did everything correctly? See screenshots attached in the post below (this main post has wrong attachments which I can’t delete).

The correction was auto-imported. No idea if I should stick with it?

I am doing mainly office, browsing, gaming and picture editing on this laptop. I read that for laptops it is better to use the “Gamma 2.2.” instead of “sRGB”.

Also I believe I could disable the “interactive settings” since I don’t have anything except brightness (which was at max when doing the calibration).

The “bug” I found is with the “amount of patched” on “single curve” in “profiling”. I can’t set it at any other value than default without “single curve” automatically changing to something else.

Thanks in advance!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by LeGuessWho. Reason: Update
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by LeGuessWho.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by LeGuessWho.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

LeGuessWho
    Participant

Here are the screenshots again.. this time the correct ones :S

Attachments:

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

settings look fine.

The “bug” I found is with the “amount of patched” on “single curve” in “profiling”. I can’t set it at any other value than default without “single curve” automatically changing to something else.

That’s intended. There is really nothing to gain for a matrix-based profile by increasing the amount of measurement patches. A cLUT-type profile is needed for that,

LeGuessWho
    Participant

And would a cLUT-type provide better results than the single curv matrix?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Yes (potentially more accurate).

LeGuessWho
    Participant

Oh alright, anything else I change in order to get more accuracy? 🙂

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Use the default amount of patches (175).

LeGuessWho
    Participant

Alright, well I did “XYZ LUT + matrix” with “455” patches. I also went with calibration speed “low”.

Took ~1hour and the .icc profile is now 750kb instead of 16kb but I don’t really notice any difference in colors when applying the profile.

Attachments:

LeGuessWho
    Participant

I mean, ofcourse there is a difference between no profile and the new profile.

But there is no difference between my previous profile (single curves) and the new one now 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS