After calibration, some images have changed color on Windows

Home Forums Help and Support After calibration, some images have changed color on Windows

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Patrick
    Participant

I’m having a weird issue on Windows where, after calibration, some images have shifted color (blue becomes red, human skin becomes green, and other weirdness).  This ONLY happens on some images in web browsers (confirmed in Edge, Firefox, and Chrome).  Confirmed file types with this problem are .png and .jpg, but not all .png and .jpg.  If I save the image to the computer and open it up in the default Windows file viewer, the colors are normal; the colors are only wrong when it is in a web browser.  I would normally think it’s a web browser issue, but Firefox, Edge, and Chrome all have different rendering engines, so I don’t know why they would all shift the colors incorrectly when Windows file viewer can display it normally.

When I’m doing color work in DaVinci Resolve, everything appears correctly.

Details of my setup:

Windows 10 home latest

DisplayCal 3.2.3

Two displays: Dell U2713HM and BenQ GL2460

Probe: Xrite i1 Display

Web browsers: latest firefox, Chrome, and Edge

• This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Patrick.

Patrick
    Participant

For example, here are two images showing what I am talking about.  The green one is a screenshot from my web browser, captured using the Snipping Tool.  The other is the exact same image, but downloaded to my hard drive first (no color shift.)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Patrick
    Participant

Thanks, I got to the step where I chose “Create profile from measurement data,” but the folder for my display has three files that can be selected:

BenQ LCD #3 2017-01-26 18-36 0.3127x 0.329y 2.2 M-S XYZLUT.icm

BenQ LCD #3 2017-01-26 18-36 0.3127x 0.329y 2.2 M-S XYZLUT.Rec709.bb1.0,2.2eGawn65.icm

BenQ LCD #3 2017-01-26 18-36 0.3127x 0.329y 2.2 M-S XYZLUT.ti3

How do I know which one to select?

Also, there is a documentation error.  The docs say “choose “Create profile from measurement data…” in the “Options” menu” but it is the “File” menu, not the “Options” menu.

Patrick
    Participant

Additional info: I used “Create profile from measurements” on the .icm file with the most recent timestamp (the three files were all created in the same calibration; I only calibrated once), and then afterwards I installed the newly created profile, but the colors are still swapped.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Patrick.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

How do I know which one to select?

Same file that is shown under “Settings”:

BenQ LCD #3 2017-01-26 18-36 0.3127x 0.329y 2.2 M-S XYZLUT.icm

Also, there is a documentation error. The docs say “choose “Create profile from measurement data…” in the “Options” menu” but it is the “File” menu, not the “Options” menu.

Thanks, I’ll fix this in the next update.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS