After calibration, I can’t see P3 color space anymore

Home Forums Help and Support After calibration, I can’t see P3 color space anymore

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Vincent
    Participant

I won’t expect an SpyderX to be very accurate. Regarding profile type you can choose a bigger patch set for a more accurate capture of actual TRC (after calibration gamma). A single curve  + matrix can or cannot be an accurate description of calibrated display depending on how good display is (a display with good behavior can be described with a matrix to some degree, othrs don’t). Calibrate, validate (no simulation profiles) and if all green, that’s OK, OK for color managed browsers, LR, PS…ect

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Enrico Gugliotta
    Participant

Thanks for the patience Vincent.

As I don’t know so much the advanced settings you described in DisplayCAL, seeing that my prints are perfectly matching what I see on my monitor after soft proofing, I think will ignore the fact that on page of my browser I can’t see the P3 color space and leave the thing as they are now.

Алексей Коробов
    Participant

No. It will be visible with relative, no doubts about that.

I’ve rebuilt my native gamut profile with PM. You’re right, this red=241 renders like less saturated than red=255, it is displayed wrong but it is visible. I still don’t understand, what happened, my old profile today shows red=241 too. I use the same P3 red logo file that I’d donwloaded before.

A fun thing is that Ps marks red=241 in P3 image as out-of-gamut when I set P3 as proofing profile. In Lr out-of-gamut marking for display/printer may show different results, I met this many times. Not a precise tool in Adobe.

Profies from PM/PME are broken for those browsers. Same for i1Profiler derived works…
    Reprofile with matrix+1TRC with no GPU calibration on CAL1/CAL2 and they should work.

Thank you for this recommendation! I works, it may be practical.

Huang Chiming
    Participant

It seems like macOS BigSur 11.4 does not support single curve  + matrix profile type, I mean, after calibration I cannot see webkit logo in Chrome; though I can see webkit logo if I choose the system display profile display p3. I do not know what’s wrong with macOS

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Wain Wong
    Participant

Have you solved the problem Enrico? I had the same problem

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS