Adjusting full white before calibrating

Home Forums Help and Support Adjusting full white before calibrating

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Antonio Marcheselli
    Participant

Hi there,

When it comes to adjust the full white RGB balance before beginning a calibration, my projector is not really good at that. The adjustments are very coarse and I usually end up in a catch-22 situation where I keep lowering values and never reach a decent result.

As this adjustment is costing me quite a lot of brightness, what is the downside of leaving the white ‘as is’ and let the software adjust the balance via software? Would that cause a drop in picture contrast as the level is adjusted via software?

Thanks

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

As this adjustment is costing me quite a lot of brightness, what is the downside of leaving the white ‘as is’ and let the software adjust the balance via software? Would that cause a drop in picture contrast as the level is adjusted via software?

Whether the white is adjusted in hardware or software will result in the same drop in max brightness (and thus contrast). If that’s undesirable, you could also go with the native white (“As measured”).

Antonio Marcheselli
    Participant

Thanks Florian.

I was hoping the projector controls could tweak the LCD chips so level would drop/raise but maintaining the contrast ratio. Good to know.

Anyway, just found my probe has failed – it reads perfect RGB when grey on screen is clearly very red. Hence all my tests and questions of the past couple of days 🙂 Cheers for your help as usual.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS