Adjust brightness

Home Forums Help and Support Adjust brightness

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

isticism
    Participant

Hello, I’m trying to get going on the Resolve 3D Lut workflow but running into a hitch on the very first step: Adjusting monitor brightness. I set up my Eizo monitor to 100 nits and verified that via Colornavigator NX.

Somehow, when I get to the “adjust display brightness” slider dialog, just before commencing calibration, my monitor keeps getting measured approx. 20 nits below what it’s set at. Of course I can plow ahead and have Displaycal calibrate the monitor as if its displaying 80 nits but I’m hesitant to do so since I’m worried that might screw up the process downstream.

Any clues as to why Displaycal might be reading my monitor significantly less bright than it is?

My system: iMac (late 2015), Eizo CG247X, Blackmagic Ultrastudio Mini Monitor, X-Rite i1 Display Pro OEM Rev.B, Davinci Resolve

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

this sounds like a video vs PC levels issue. If you use Resolve as pattern generator, make sure the output levels are set correctly. In almost all cases, this should be “Auto”. Also note that you should always send full range patterns from DisplayCAL (or set to “Auto” as well).

isticism
    Participant

Thanks so much for the response, Florian. You’re correct – just rechecked my monitor settings and the levels for the profile I was working with had somehow been switched back to “Full” instead of Video or Auto… that fixed my problem!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS