Adding customized test patches to the Auto optimized set?

Home Forums General Discussion Adding customized test patches to the Auto optimized set?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

RickardL
    Participant

Hi,

If I would like to focus on  having perfect skin tones, would be of any use to include skin tone specific ones, such as the Pantone Skin tone values, in the test patches?

I do like the idea of having the Auto optimized ones and, if it makes any sense, to add the skin tone specific ones but is the only way to first run a calibration and then edit the test patch data set to add the skin tone ones and then run a 2nd calibration?

I am using a eeColor 3DLUT box.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

If I would like to focus on having perfect skin tones, would be of any use to include skin tone specific ones, such as the Pantone Skin tone values, in the test patches?

how large is your test patch set? If it’s already around 1000 patches, then adding a few skin tones will likely not have much effect.

I do like the idea of having the Auto optimized ones and, if it makes any sense, to add the skin tone specific ones but is the only way to first run a calibration and then edit the test patch data set to add the skin tone ones and then run a 2nd calibration?

An initial profile is needed so that the display response can be known (and thus which RGB triplets would need to be included that would produce skin tones on the display).

RickardL
    Participant

I have tried with the setting around 1500 so I guess that is ok then.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS