Acer XB273UNV Calibration help

Home Forums Help and Support Acer XB273UNV Calibration help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

edholmrasmus
    Participant

Hi,

I recently bought this screen https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/8bad22fc

I have a spyder 5 and used it to calibrate the screen with default settings.

After I saw watched a movie,  I noticed that the blacks are kinda melting together its and its hard to see the outlines.

I tried out the lagom test for black levels, I can barely see 4/5, 1/2/3 are completely dark.

If I use the monitors builtin sRGB mode it looks decent but its too dim /colorless for my taste.

I uploaded the measurement report, is there anything wrong with my calibration? I’m kinda clueless and new to this calibration.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

Bad colorimeter => innacuate results

bad colorimeter correction by user => innacurate whitepoint even with an accurate device
    It is not and cannot be a WLED. Can be a QLED or a WLED PFS. There is no such embeded correction in your colorimeter, closest one should be RGB LED/Widegamut LED or whatever name Datacolor used to name it.

lagom results are expected with a limited contrast display trying to track 2.2 gamma

sRGB modoe wosks as inteded.. srGB. Even more.. it will wash your dark colors (light up dark greys) is it actually tracks sRGB TRC instead of 2.2 powerlaw (until it gets nera black when gama has to bend to preserve grey separation)

-get a better measurement device (i1d3 family)
    -do not use sRGB mode for movies, use “user/custom” full gamut OSD mode,  a madvr compatible video player and make a LUT3D for Rec709 input, monitor colorspace output (obtained after calibrating that user/custom OSD mode)
    you can try this last one without buying a new device.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Vincent.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

edholmrasmus
    Participant

So I’m better off using the generic mode?

3D Lut is grayed out for me.

I wont be able to get a i1d3 calibrator so im stuck with this spyder for now. and I dont think that spyder have any corrections at all.

Vincent
    Participant

3D Lut is grayed out for me.

Make it manually from the ICC/ICM you got after calibration. There is a LUT3D maker app in displaycal folder.
    Origin what you want to simulate
    Destination what your display is
    Apply VCGT if GPU grey calibration is going to be reseted, like in madVR. Then load that LUT3D in mavd slot… and that’s all it. Same fro DWMLUT if you need to use games.
    Browsers like Edge and Firefox are color managed if you use a matrix profile, not sure about the comples ones (XYZLUT) .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS