Acer X34P Tips?

Home Forums Help and Support Acer X34P Tips?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Tymuk
    Participant

Recently purchased a Datacolor Spyder5EXPRESS – S5X100 to be used on my new Acer X34P.

I predominantly followed this guide – https://www.ceos3c.com/misc/calibrate-your-screen-with-displaycal-and-a-spyder-5/  – But just wished to clarify a few things I couldn’t quite pin down.

Using the details listed on – https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/84eb108f – I set the Mode to LCD (White LED) but left the rest of the settings to the exact same as the gents guide on CEOS3C.

I just wanted some clarificaiton if this was the right thing to do while using the Spyder and DisplayCAL software?  As I am mainly using the monitor for gaming I thought 6500k made sense but realised I have no idea.

Any help appreciated.

Никита Горских
    Participant

Here’s a humble suggestion: set brightness and whitepoint by eye using the OSD and set the corresponding option in displaycal to “As measured”. That’s what helped me to get rid of colour tint of white after calibration. After calibration, verify gradients by eye, verify shades close to white and black by eye (I use lagom.nl for that). I had some issues there that could only be solved by adjusting “contrast” in the OSD on my 32GK850G.

betazoid
    Participant

I think you do not need any (third-party) guides. Try the default settings of Displaycal first, if the result is bad (color cast), try a different preset/profile such as Web/Office or sRGB. Read the official documentation. My experience (with Spyder 5) is: newer IPS screens like whitepoint “as measured”, older screens like D6500 or sRGB. It is usually the white point that makes trouble. After colibration/profiling, check the colors with a test image like in the ECI monitor test kit and a color managed application.

Try to adjust the screen with the OSD as well as possible before calibration (with the help of test images).

Obviously I am not the expert here, but I have a little experience with the Spyder 5. Hope this helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS