A few general questions

Home Forums Help and Support A few general questions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dehein2
    Participant

Hi,

I’m quite new to display calibration and bought a Spider X and would like to use it with displaycal. I have a few question though:

• I calibrated my screen now and the profile seems to be active. Do i need to do anything within my tools (Lightroom, PS), or is the calibration always “active”?
    • I calibrated during the day on a cloudy day. Does it make sense to create second profile for “night-work”?
    • I remember using a tool a few years ago which let me choose which profile is active. In case i have different profiles (day/night) – is there a profile chooser integrated in Displaycal somehwere?
    • Profile type:  I read in a tutorial to use Single curve + matrix… but is there a good guide to what type to use?

Thanks a lot
    Dennis

Vincent
    Participant

Hi,

I’m quite new to display calibration and bought a Spider X and would like to use it with displaycal. I have a few question though:

• I calibrated my screen now and the profile seems to be active. Do i need to do anything within my tools (Lightroom, PS), or is the calibration always “active”?

Calibration is for grey. It is allways active since it is loaded (displaycal tray on user logon) unless you clean it or poweroff/reboot without loading it again. OS need to publish profile for LR/PS.

Displaycal Tray does it for you, both. Auto.

• I calibrated during the day on a cloudy day. Does it make sense to create second profile for “night-work”?

Ambient light calibration does not work as you may thing. Always off *if you are asking if you need activate it*.

• I remember using a tool a few years ago which let me choose which profile is active. In case i have different profiles (day/night) – is there a profile chooser integrated in Displaycal somehwere?
    • DisplayCAL tray app for windows
    • Profile type:  I read in a tutorial to use Single curve + matrix… but is there a good guide to what type to use?

Single curve + matrix if it is accurate to decribe your calibrated screen will avoid most rounding errors in PS or GIMP or all those software that do no use some kind of temporal dithering as LR or C1 do.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Vincent.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS