3DLuts Posterized

Home Forums Help and Support 3DLuts Posterized

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Cytho
    Participant

I’ve been trying to Calibrate my PG35VQ for HDR content however, I cannot seem to be able to make a 3DLut that doesn’t look completely wrong. The monitor has an awful blue/green tint at the highlights that I am trying to get rid of by installing a 3DLut on games through Reshade. I am using MadVR to calibrate and have tried all different ways to create a profile however, they all end up looking like the attached. Is there something that I am missing or doing wrong? I’ve been trying to fix this for almost 2 years now and would appreciate any help. I currently just use a 1D lut I made by eye that mitigates the issue but doesn’t solve it entirely.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cytho
    Participant

Attached is the resulting 3dlut using the settings I screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

The monitor has an awful blue/green tint at the highlights that I am trying to get rid of by installing a 3DLut on games through Reshade

Try to verify WP drift in color with HDR mode on and no calibration.

Profile is made from a 3dmesh which has a border size close to the cubic root number of measured patches. Behavior of such 3d mesh is interpolated to get n x n x n LUT3D. If uncalibrated display behavior was weird you may have not enough patches.

OTOH if you do a 1DLUT GPU LUT calibration (usual GPU calibration + profile)  at slow speed you are taking 96 patches of 256 hence almost every irregularity is captured.

Also poor FALD implementation in display may lead to weird mesurements while creating that 3dmesh with current display behavior (display profile). Hence remove LUT3D and 1D LUT calibration and try to verify if there is such weird behavior

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS