3dLut returns funky colors

Home Forums Help and Support 3dLut returns funky colors

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

muffin
    Participant

Hi, I have been using DisplayCal to calibrate my FSI CM250 OLED Monitor for years with Resolve.

Now I bought a new M1 mac laptop and I’m having problems getting proper results. I updated the Argyill and Display cal and now Displaycal recognizes my monitors.

I use a i1Display Pro with a correction made by a Colormunki Design/Photo iStudio.

I use the standard settings. Video 3D LUT for Resolve (d65, Rec 709/ Rec. 1886)

But something is wrong because the Cube LUT that creates makes the blue channel all funky. I attached images of the final SDI output, and the tone curve. The blue channel seems way off. I did a quick test to make a 3dLut with just the spectrometer and it seems fine. Is it possible that my Colorimeter got broken? If so, which one would you recommend to buy as a replacement, because I see that the i1Display Pro seems to be discontinued. In B&H I see this other brand but looks the same: Calibrite ColorChecker Display Pro

Thank you very Much

Ivan C.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

More likely that something in your desktop changed output while measuring patches to create display profile (used as input data to make LUT3D)
    Easy to test: assing default EDID profile to FSI (if connected through common GPU), validate with no LUT3D. That spikes in TRC should not show.

Then redo.

muffin
    Participant

Thanks Vincent for your reply.  I’m waiting to get my monitor back (I sent it to FSI headquarters for upgrading to the latest firmware and re calibrate). When I get it back I’ll try again with your suggestions. Although I admit that half of the terms you say are like Sci-fi to me.  🙁 But I’ll just use google and hopefuly I can try to validate the LUT3D and see what’s up.  🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS