2 Monitors, 2 profiles created. Only Monitor 1 changes

Home Forums Help and Support 2 Monitors, 2 profiles created. Only Monitor 1 changes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Whitzend
    Participant

Hi, newbie here (surprise!)

I’ve used DisplayCal to calibrate both of my monitors and it has created two separate profiles in separate folders.

However, when I attempt to apply these profiles, I seem to get problems. Only Monitor 1 seems to change.

I calibrated monitor 1, created a profile, saved & installed it. Then did the same for monitor 2. As soon as I did this, monitor 1’s settings changed. Not monitor 2.

So I revert Monitor 1 back to its profile and retry applying Monitor 2’s profile:

In the Display & instrument screen, I select Monitor 2, then file-> install display device profile & select monitor 2’s profile

I check on the “install profile” dialog window that it says “do you want to install the profile <monitor 2> and make it the default for display <monitor 2>.

Monitor 1 changes, not monitor 2.

Any advice hugely welcome

• This topic was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Whitzend.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

are you using clone mode? How are the monitors connected to the system?

Whitzend
    Participant

Both monitors are connected to my GPU via DVI-D.

I’m afraid I don’t know what clone mode is, or how I would find out.

When I look in Windows 10 Settings / Display settings both list their individual colour profiles as created by DisplayCal as being implemented.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I’m afraid I don’t know what clone mode is, or how I would find out.

“Clone” mode is when both displays are configured in Windows to show the same (also called “Mirroring”). You’re likely using extended desktop (across both monitors), which is fine.

Does the DisplayCAL profile loader show individual displays under “Profile associations”? If not, your graphics card likely doesn’t support individual videoLUTs per display (which would be peculiar).

Whitzend
    Participant

Definitely using extended desktop!

If by “DisplayCAL profile loader” you mean the “Install Profile” dialog box then screen shows the selected monitor: 1 or 2.

The Graphics card is an Nvidia Geforce GTX960, for what it’s worth

Whitzend
    Participant

Update: When I load Monitor 2’s profile to monitor 2, it does change but only slightly, however, monitor 1 reverts to a state with no profile, so I was wrong earlier when I said Monitor 2 is not changing.

It’s a different issue as to why monitor 2’s calibrated profile is so different from Monitor 1’s, I guess…

Florian Höch
    Administrator

If by “DisplayCAL profile loader” you mean the “Install Profile”

No, I’m talking about the tray icon.

Whitzend
    Participant

OK so from the system tray, profile associations…

Monitor 2 has 3 profiles associated, one of which is the DisplayCAL one.

Monitor 1 has no profiles associated. So I select “Use my settings for this display device” and 3 profiles appear, one of which is the DisplayCAL one.

I’ve now set both monitors so the DisplayCAL profile is their default

That seems to have dealt with the issue. Now I just have to work out why the 2 monitors look so different (ie why Monitor 2 seems to have barely changed as a result of calibration and is still far too warm)

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Whitzend.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS