1 Monitor Too Bright After Calibration

Home Forums Help and Support 1 Monitor Too Bright After Calibration

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jimerb
    Participant

Hi,

I’m new to displayCAL.

I’ve calibrated all of my monitors and all look consistent except for one.  It’s a Samsung UE510 4k Monitor (28″).   It’s visually way too bright.

During calibration I was able to get the brightness exactly where it asked me to put it in the “Pre Calibration” section.

I know I can lower the brightness but I’m trying to understand why it’s so bright after calibration?

The verification step shows I’m range (all green checks).

How can I get my profile to correctly compensate for this brightness issue?

Thanks for any expertise…

{I’m using a Spyder5}

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

During calibration I was able to get the brightness exactly where it asked me to put it in the “Pre Calibration” section.

Note that the amount of adjustment shown (with default settings) is the one to match the initial brightness, which you ideally match right there and then to the other monitor (or beforehand).

Jimerb
    Participant

Thanks.

Should I match this bright monitor to my other monitors visually during that step?   

I’m worried that photos I adjust on this monitor will not display correctly when published to the web. (Too bright or dark.)

The other monitors are already calibrated and I was able to get those values close to the midpoint in the pre-calibration step.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Should I match this bright monitor to my other monitors visually during that step?

Monitor brigthness should always be set to a comfortable level (not too bright or too dim for the environment they are used in). You can do this visually, in fact, I’d recommend it – setting a target luminance only makes sense if you already know it is sufficient for your particular lighting situation.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Florian Höch. Reason: Fix typo

Jimerb
    Participant

Great thank you!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS