X-rite i1 Display PRO PLUS

Home Forums Help and Support X-rite i1 Display PRO PLUS

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Lionheart
    Participant

How do you plot spectral power distribution? Is there a guide?

Thanks

Vincent
    Participant

If you imported them to DIsplayCAL use info button next to correction combo box.
    You can plot it too with command line in ArgyllCMS folder: specplot.exe PATH_to_CCSS

Lionheart
    Participant

Ah yes. That’s what I did to see the chromaticity coordinates.

How do I exactly use the spectral power distribution to select the best CCSS?

Thanks Vincent

Vincent
    Participant

Choose by coords, but discard CCSS that seems to have a simulated colorspace, like green having peaks in red, or red having peaks in green.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Vincent.

Lionheart
    Participant

So just for final clarification (and anyone who may be following this in the future) here are the 3 CCSS files.

Left – Samsung Q9 QLED

Middle – ASUS PA32UCG

Right – ASUS PG32UQX

None of them appear to have ‘peaks’ of one colour in the alternate (like green having peaks in red/ red having peaks in green). So none of them are simulated color spaces, correct?

That means, I just choose the one with the closes chromaticity coordinates to my display’s EDID value as can be seen in the attached JPEG?

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

Yes, all seem to be native gamut

Lionheart
    Participant

Awesome. Thanks a lot Vincent. Glad I was able to follow what you were saying this time ????

So it seems for the PG329Q, we can use the PA32UCG CCSS file as it matches the EDID the closest (it visually gave the best whitepoint as well before I found PG32UQX CCSS file, and still does).

Now  all I gotta figure out is how to read primaries/secondaries in HCFR (which buttons to press lol) and tone down the saturationon my OSD to get as close to sRGB as possible, then I will calibrate and profile in DisplayCAL.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS