Windows 10 support

Home Forums General Discussion Windows 10 support

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

anonymous SourceForge

Hi

I am using Dispcalgui with Colormunki Display and its really wonderful product, much better calibration then with original software. I got 1150:1 contrast with dispcalgui and only 850:1 with original software (only 600:1 with all on auto, and no options to check anything).

I am using Windows 8.1, but free upgrade to 10 is coming. Have not tried Windows technical preview because i dont wanna be beta tester, so do we have (or do we will have when Windows come out) Dispcalgui software for Windows 10.

Thank you

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

dispcalGUI already runs on Windows 10 TP. Argyll CMS currently doesn’t work fully on Windows 10 TP which mostly comes down to the instrument drivers that need updating, but the ColorMunki Display uses the Windows HID driver so that should work.

ivantsy SourceForge

Everything went as in Windows 8: driver installation, calibrating and profiling with ColorMunki spectro. I was used 2.6.0.0 dispcalGUI and 1.6.3 ArgyllCMS

Hi Florian,

Any news about whether or not the Argyll drivers for a spyder4 will be updated for compatibility with Win 10?

Thanks!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi, the current drivers should work fine.

Thanks for your quick reply! I tried via “Have disk” to point to the Agyll drivers, but unfortunately it says that it couldn’t install the drivers, because an error had occurred. It doens’t seem to say what error, just that it can’t install it. And so it stays on the Spyder 4 driver from Datacolor.
    The Spyder4 itself is working ok with the Datacolor software, but I don’t like that software, since it really seems to adjust the brightness with the color profile a lot.

If you have any other idea’s to try, I’d be very thankful.

• This reply was modified on 2015-10-24 02:41:50 by moltendiscoball.

Hm, perhaps I have to disable driver signature check, of Windows 10? I’m going to try this later today, see if that helps.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hm, perhaps I have to disable driver signature check, of Windows 10?

Yes.

Ok, this worked! Couldn’t find documentation about it for Argyll on Windows 10. Perhaps I didn’t search well enough, but I managed in the end. Thanks anyway and have a nice weekend!
    Dennis

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The Windows 8 instructions also apply to Windows 10, I’ll have to amend the dispcalGUI documentation. Thanks and nice weekend to you, too!

psjerry SourceForge

Using Windows 10 and Spyder 5 Express.
    I read from the Argyll Windows installation instructions that I must disable igfx. modules before I can install instrument drivers. These are the ones used by my AMD Radeon monitor graphics card. Not sure how to proceed.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

[ question was answered on Argyll CMS mailinglist, link for reference ]
    https://www.freelists.org/post/argyllcms/Newbie-installation-question,1

Luis Catalinas
    Participant

Seguí estos pasos para instalar el controlador en mi W10:
    Una vez instalado el software, el sistema Windows detecta el hardware. Pero el software does’nt reconocer ni detectar el hardware. No funciona.
    ¿Alguien sabe lo que podría pasó?
    ¿Qué medidas se echaba de menos?
    Los que se han instalado con éxito: ¿Cuál ha sido su experiencia? ¿cómo conseguir que funcione?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

please write your question in english. Thank you.

Yves Lacoutiere
    Participant

Hello,

I am new on the forum. I was using DisplayCal since a few months with Windows 7 and had no problem to install the driver for a Spyder 5.

Since yesterday I upgrade to Windows 10 and it seems that I meet the same problem discussed here: the driver installation runs to an error.

I am not really used to tinker Windows, I prefer to work on my pictures ;-)).

So may I ask you for more explanations about that:

http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/Installing_MSWindows.html

Thanks for your help

Yves

PS: I’d like to add that I don’t want to go back to Datacolor software, I am very happy of DisplayCal especially for photography post treatment…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS