Vsync, Desktop Composition

Home Forums Help and Support Vsync, Desktop Composition

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

asdfage wegagag
    Participant

I noticed that on Win7, when using the classic theme, with Desktop Composition OFF.

There would be screen tearing, during the patches transition.

Would this impact the calibration/ measurements if by chance the tear occured in the middle of the screen as the probe took the measurement?  should we  turn desktop composition ON for calibration which (syncs) the desktop,  or does the system automatically take this potential into account in the delay.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Would this impact the calibration/ measurements if by chance the tear occured in the middle of the screen as the probe took the measurement?

Unlikely, as there is a display update delay and settle time after which each measurement occurs.

asdfage wegagag
    Participant

Would this impact the calibration/ measurements if by chance the tear occured in the middle of the screen as the probe took the measurement?

Unlikely, as there is a display update delay and settle time after which each measurement occurs.

Ah, ok.. I was just concerned because the i1dpro was going through the patches much faster than my older spyder5, so it looked like the screen was tearing alot.

While on the subject.  What about Blue Walls. This might sound a bit silly

I’ve got a room with baby-blue walls. I was wondering if as it’s calibrating,  the wall absorbs incoming red/green and reflects back blue light. If the receiver picked up this reflected blue as the blue refracts in the panel’s sublayers, even though it’s coming from the opposite side,  could this cause the probe to think the screen is more blue than it is, therefore correcting it using more green/red causing a green/red cast ?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I’ve got a room with baby-blue walls […]

It won’t affect the sensor, but the (much) bigger concern is that colored walls will throw off your color perception.

asdfage wegagag
    Participant

I’ve got a room with baby-blue walls […]

It won’t affect the sensor, but the (much) bigger concern is that colored walls will throw off your color perception.

Oooo. an Opportunity to go to home depot..

What wall color and back ground lighting color/brightness do you recommend ?

asdfage wegagag
    Participant

Also, How do I identify more information about the panel used in my monitor/ tv, things such as backlight technology.

I tried Moninfo, but that doesn’t tell me everything.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

What wall color and back ground lighting color/brightness do you recommend ?

If you want to go all out, use spectrally flat neutral gray paint. Otherwise, normal white paint (preferably without much optical brightener).

Also, How do I identify more information about the panel used in my monitor/ tv, things such as backlight technology.

Seen the links in the “useful resources” sticky topic? 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS