Verify Comparisons

Home Forums Help and Support Verify Comparisons

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

quaraxkad SourceForge

I just bought a Spyder4Elite, and found dispcalGUI after having trouble getting the official driver and software to work (that issue has since be solved…). I’m not at all familiar with calibration, ICC profiles, etc, so a lot of dispcal makes no sense to me. I want to run some kind of report on my uncalibrated monitor, then again after the Spyder software calibrates it, and once again after dispcal calibrates it. I have a feeling that dispcal results are much more accurate but I’d like to see the specifics and prove it. Both Spyder and dispcal have their own calibration tests and report functions, but testing all three in a consistent manner has proven to be difficult… Basically each program tries to force-enable its own calibration either when launching or when starting the test report (or both), so I can never be sure of which profile I’m actually testing! So I tried to bring a third utility into the mix CalMAN ColorChecker, only to find out that it doesn’t even support the Spyder series (because apparently they’re not that good…)

So, is there any way to launch dispcal and run a verification test without enabling, disabling, or switching around the current calibration settings?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Basically each program tries to force-enable its own calibration either when launching or when starting the test report (or both), so I can never be sure of which profile I’m actually testing!

In DCG 3.0, the profile tested is always the one selected under “Settings”. If “Settings” is set to “Current”, then the currently assigned display profile (e.g. in Windows color settings, Monitor/Color under Mac OS X, or Color settings under Linux) will be used. This allows verification of a profile not created by DCG.

quaraxkad SourceForge

On a fresh “install” of dispcal, the button to start verification is grayed out. What do I need to do to enable that function, without first having dispcal create its own calibration profile?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

A valid ICC v2 profile needs to be assigned to the display in the OS color settings, and “Settings” in DCG needs to be set to “Current”.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS