Verifiying ICC Profile is in Use

Home Forums Help and Support Verifiying ICC Profile is in Use

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mfraust SourceForge

Hello, I have created a new profile (everything seems to have gone well), and before installing set ‘dispcalGUI to handle the loading’. How can I verify that this is happening and that the profile is in use? I’m using Windows 7 64 bit. So far I checked msconfig and saw a dispcalGUI process running, does that mean ‘everything is okay’? Also, is there anything special I need to do for use with a multiple monitor setup? Thanks again.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

How can I verify that this is happening and that the profile is in use?

There are two components to this.

1. 1D calibration curves. You can use the curve viewer to view the current videoLUT contents. To do that, mark the “Show calibration curves from video card” checkbox.
    2. The profile itself. Use applications that make use of the monitor ICC profile (e.g. Photoshop, Gimp). Only ICC color managed applications will be able to use the profile.

Also, is there anything special I need to do for use with a multiple monitor setup? Thanks again.

No, although there are some bugs in Windows and the graphics drivers that may mess up profile asociations if one of the monitors is disabled. After enabling/disabling monitors, always check if the profile associations are still correct in Windows color management settings under “Devices”.

mfraust SourceForge

Hello again, I’m sorry it took so long to get back to you (thanks for the help). That said, I do have a followup question:

1) What am I looking for with the ‘curves program’? All that changes is a straight line appears (see screenshot). I took a shot of my Curves, Windows Color Mgmt., and PS CS5 Color Settings dialog. So I’m guessing that my profile is not loaded? No sign of it from Windows Color Mgmt, and my understanding is that PS CS5 should show my MonitorRGB as my created ICC profile, not as a defualt.

• This reply was modified on 2015-12-18 21:40:49 by mfraust.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

It seems you need to re-install the profile.

mfraust SourceForge

As expected, you are correct. I re-installed the profile and everything seems to be working now. Thank you very much for the help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS