Using DispcalGUI to generate colorblind profile?

Home Forums Help and Support Using DispcalGUI to generate colorblind profile?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

p5a SourceForge

I have an individual in mind that is deficient in purple color, and I’m wondering if there’s a way to adapt this software so that it creates a profile that compensates for colorblindness. I would like to make his desktop and gaming experience better.

• This topic was modified on 2015-12-23 16:58:42 by p5a.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

It’s an interesting proposition, but would not be easy to implement. Tristimulus colorimetry by design doesn’t deal with dichromatic color vision, for example.

Have you seen this? http://enchroma.com/
    These glasses are for people who are not complete dichromats, but have impaired color vision (Tritanomaly/Deuteranomaly/Protanomaly)

p5a SourceForge

Yeah, I actually did run into that site earlier..

I did find this qoute to be interesting:

The general class of filters that are designed by our method are called multi-notch filters: they contain one or more sharp “cutouts” in the visible spectrum. To make a lens that helps with red-green color blindness, the notch filtering occurs primarily in the spectral region corresponding to the maximum overlap between the red and green photopigments. Effectively, this drives a kind of wedge between the L-cone and M-cone signals, thus improving the separation of their signals and providing better color vision to the deficient observer. We don’t claim that this is a cure for color blindness — it is not a cure. Like any eyeglass product, it is an optical assistive device.

• This reply was modified on 2015-12-23 18:05:20 by p5a.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS