Untethered live metering

Home Forums Help and Support Untethered live metering

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Dale Powell
    Participant

I’m sure this must be simple but for some reason it has so far defeated me.

I’m running DisplayCal on Ubuntu 18.04 using the latest version downloaded from your website and the latest Argyll it prompted me to download (with a hardcoded location which didn’t exist on my computer with no option to select location so I’m not very happy with how you have forced me to created a folder in my Home director I didn’t want to have there!! But that’s another story, along with the fact it didn’t work at all on the Windows machine here…..)

Anyway to the issue:

The desire is to calibrate external video monitors using industry standard test signal generators (Pluge on HDSDI) and I need something that will just give me a live measurement of the level while I adjust the monitor. This sounds like it should be the most basic feature of Unteathered mode but it still seems to want to force you to use the internal colour sets and doesn’t give you a live updated measurement, but only spot measurements before moving onto the next colour.

Is there really no way to just display the current measurements on the screen?

If it makes a difference I’m using a X-Rite iDisplay Pro.

Dale Powell
    Participant

Is “spotread -T” from the terminal really the best option I have? No live updating, graphical option? Nothing where I can set my desired colour temperature for the whites/greys? Is there another more suitable program maybe?? This I would have thought would have been the basic features which the much more advanced program which is clearly now is had been originally before it evolved so surprised I can’t find such option anywhere….

Dale Powell
    Participant

Hmmm it seems the way to do it is to pretend I’m calibrating a display attacked to the computer so  I can still access the Calibrate section (why is this missing from Tethered when it is the only one which should apply to monitors not attached to the computer?!?!?) and then I get the RGB bar displays as I was expecting to find and can manually move and check on the different grey level areas as I desire.

Why do you make this so hard and seemingly impossible without pretending to the software you are doing something which you are not??

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Loose the attitude, it’s unlikely anyone will feel inclined to help you otherwise.

Dale Powell
    Participant

Loose the attitude, it’s unlikely anyone will feel inclined to help you otherwise.

Very helpful!! Perfect the way you don’t actually respond to any of the issues or questions! I guess that just means you don’t care about the userbase or the fact the software is full of bugs and usability issues,  but heyho, it’s your project so your prerogative…..

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Dale Powell.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS