unable to import colorimeter corrections .. please help

Home Forums Help and Support unable to import colorimeter corrections .. please help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Tina M.
    Participant

Hi,

I’m trying to calibrate my mid 2014 macbook pro retina with a colormunki. I am a professional photographer and I’ve been using the software that comes with the colormunki. I decided to try displaycal when I read a ton of positive reviews online.

But, I’m getting stuck on the step that says.. “Import colorimeter corrections from other display profiling software”. When I click on auto, it downloads a i1d3.dms file. Then when I quit displaycal and restart it again and then I click on “select file”, the i1d3.dms file is grayed out!

Please help!

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

colormunki

There are four different devices under the ColorMunki brand. Which one are you using?

“Import colorimeter corrections from other display profiling software”. When I click on auto, it downloads a […]

After the download, you should see a message “Successfully imported corrections from the following: …”, or an error message in case of a download or import failure.

i1d3.dms file

There is no such file used anywhere in the software. The file is just named “i1d3” without extension.

Tina M.
    Participant

Sorry, I wasn’t clear. I have the colormunki display. After clicking auto, I get an error message which redirects me to a website.  When I click there, it automatically downloads the i1d3.dms file?

So, I just opened up Displaycal again and it first asked me to download Argyll 2.0… I did that and quit the app.  Then I restarted the app and browsed for the argyll 2.0 file. Now, when I start DisplayCal, it is NOT asking me to Import colorimeter corrections anymore! Is this okay?

Also, Can you please help me with settings? What should I choose for “amount of patches”? I am setting profile quality to “high” and calibration speed to medium. Does that sound okay for my purpose (photography)?

I was also wondering why my display is showing as “Color LCD @ 0,0, 1440 x 900 (Primary)”? And, should the mode be “LCD generic”?

I would really appreciate any help you can give me regarding the settings!

Thank you very much! I appreciate your help!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

When I click there, it automatically downloads the i1d3.dms file?

The .dms extension is nonstandard, if your browser adds that for some reason, it does so of its own volition.

So, I just opened up Displaycal again and it first asked me to download Argyll 2.0… I did that and quit the app.

That’s fine, there is no reason to quit the app though.

Now, when I start DisplayCal, it is NOT asking me to Import colorimeter corrections anymore! Is this okay?

Possibly. Did you have ArgyllCMS installed at a prior time?

Also, Can you please help me with settings?

I recommend using the defaults.

was also wondering why my display is showing as “Color LCD @ 0,0, 1440 x 900 (Primary)”?

“Retina” displays are showing half resolution because ArgyllCMS does not support “Retina” directly. This will not impede or otherwise affect functionality though.

should the mode be “LCD generic”?

Yes. Choose “Spectral: White LED” under “Correction”. If you don’t have that choice, please import the corrections again (but first rename the i1d3.dms file in your “Downloads” folder to just i1d3).

Tina M.
    Participant

So, I finally figured it out. The .dms is an archive. I clicked on it and it expanded. I am attaching a screenshot. Which one should I choose?

Also, Can you please tell me what I should choose for “amount of patches”? I am setting profile quality to “high” and calibration speed to medium. Does that sound okay for my purpose (photography)?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

So, I finally figured it out. The .dms is an archive. I clicked on it and it expanded. I am attaching a screenshot. Which one should I choose?

Well, that’s one way to do it. Choose the RG_Phosphor_Family edr.

Also, Can you please tell me what I should choose for “amount of patches”?

Like I said, use the defaults.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS