TV setup as computer screen

Home Forums Help and Support TV setup as computer screen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

anonymous SourceForge

Hi

I am currently using an Acer LCD television for my computer monitor,perhaps not the most ideal setup.

The settings in the TV menu are limited to Brightness, Tint, Backlight Colour Temp 3 options Warm Std and Cool a Colour setting slider is also in the menu.

To begin the calibration profiling where should these settings be? In particular tint and the backlight setting? Noise control setting any relevance to colour profile setup?

Initial calibration setting shows excess blue not sure how to control this with the TV menu settings, have tried to set the initial RGB with the controls in the graphics card can get the colour bars to line up but the look is very poor.

GPU is an Intel HD 3000

Final question, best output from the graphics processor for photo editing RGB or YCBCR. HDMI cable or VGA cable.

I use the Spyder 4 colorimeter.

Thanks for a useful and free program.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

regarding pre-calibration TV setup, you might want to try avsforum.com, specifically the HCFR thread. Generally I wouldn’t spend too much time with it if you’re going to create a 3D LUT in the end, personally I just like to make sure that none of the primary and secondary channels (RGBCMY) clip and adjust the whitepoint to hit the D65 x, y chromacity target, I don’t bother with tint, CMS or grayscale as my TV lacks controls to adjust these anyway.

Final question, best output from the graphics processor for photo editing RGB or YCBCR. HDMI cable or VGA cable.

I would avoid the graphics card RGB to YCbCr conversion if possible, so use RGB. Definitely digital HDMI, analog VGA is a thing of the past.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS