Trouble understanding instructions for installing dispcal into win 8.1 64bit

Home Forums Help and Support Trouble understanding instructions for installing dispcal into win 8.1 64bit

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

snoopcat SourceForge

I bought a Spyder5Express from Amazon & was advised to use the Argyll drivers instead of the Spyder drivers. However, I’ve been blindsided by the difficulties I’ve had trying to install it on my pc running win 8.1 64 bit. I tried editing the %path% command but I’m confused by the example given in “unpacking the zip drive” environmental variables. It says to put the “dispcal” file in a bin directory & suggests “d:” That’s my cd drive. I used c:bin but it didn’t work. When I typed %echo% in a command window I couldn’t find it. “Where can I get some more detailed instructions to install this device?. Or maybe some help.

• This topic was modified on 2015-08-24 02:35:03 by snoopcat.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

please try the following steps (start fresh):

1. Unpack Argyll_V1.8.0.zip, i.e. double click the file in Windows Explorer.
    2. A folder should open, its only contents should be another folder named Argyll_V1.8.0.
    3. Right-click that folder, then select “Copy” from the popup menu.
    4. Now go to the location where you want to store Argyll CMS (e.g. C:), right click any empty space, select “Paste” from the popup menu.
    5. Now launch dispcalGUI from the Windows Start page. It should ask for the location of the Argyll CMS binaries. If it doesn’t, select “Locate Argyll CMS executables…” from the “File…” menu.
    6. Navigate to where you copied the Argyll_V1.8.0 folder and open it. Inside, open the “bin” folder. Then choose “Select”.
    7. Go into the “Tools” menu and choose “Install Argyll CMS instrument drivers”. Follow the instructions in the window that pops up.

snoopcat SourceForge

Sorry for the delay, this was my first chance to get back. I’ve been trying to understand ur reply. I don’t have the “zip” file you describe. My downloaded file is an exe. I did a search after executing the exe file & could not find a zip file with the name Argyll_V1.8.0.zip. I thought that the exe file might really be a zip so I right clicked & selected “unpack files” but nothing appeared.BTW: I’m using Firefox, should I use windows explorer? Also, remember I have win 8.1 64 bit. I also tried “locate Argyll executables” from the file menu but it was unsuccessful. I also did a seach for any exe file with Argyll in the filename & was unsuccessful.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

You have to download Argyll CMS separately: http://www.argyllcms.com/downloadwin.html

Then, you can follow the steps above.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS