Spent about 4 hours calibrating an unusable profile

Home Forums Help and Support Spent about 4 hours calibrating an unusable profile

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

fireculex SourceForge

So I calibrated last night for 3 hours. Then made an adjustment in the gamma settings in the menu because I use this screen with an XBOX as well. Hit update calibration. Took an hour. Now the white point is off by 6de and max is 9de.

Changing settings invalidates the calibration? Medium is just too darn slow on the Spyder4pro with those black patches past 51.

Wasn’t there a Just Profile otion?

• This topic was modified on 2016-01-16 00:10:25 by fireculex.

patrik10 SourceForge

the 3d lut doesnt fix or change white ballance unless you change it on your tv.
    set the wb right again on your tv before profiling.

i have a question in another thread about this if you change wb after the profiling is done and if the 3d lut profile will follow the new wb
    but after looking at the picture it seems it does.

but using the wrong wb before profiling is a no go i think.

• This reply was modified on 2016-01-16 14:11:05 by patrik10.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Changing settings invalidates the calibration?

Yes, of course.

Medium is just too darn slow on the Spyder4pro with those black patches past 51.

Try “Fast”.

Wasn’t there a Just Profile otion?

Sure, set “Tone curve” on the “Calibration” tab to “As measured” to skip calibration (you can still do interactive adjustment if desired).

fireculex SourceForge

Will setting Tone Curve use the existing calibrated curves in the profile? I noticed verify measurements still report 6800k as the WB while interactive reports that it’s correct. Does it take into consideration 10 degree observer? Measured luminance was also 110 instead of 120.

Also any chance to do batch processing or convert a profile? I typically do 2.2 gamma and bt.1886. Would be easier if it just did multiple runs automatically.

I notice to color match many different devices, it’s better to use LCD Generic mode.

• This reply was modified on 2016-01-20 10:31:13 by fireculex.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Will setting Tone Curve use the existing calibrated curves in the profile?

If you disable interactive display adjustment as well, you can use an existing calibration as base.

I noticed verify measurements still report 6800k as the WB while interactive reports that it’s correct. Does it take into consideration 10 degree observer?

No, it doesn’t. The observer choice only affects the calibration, because ICC mandates the CIE 1931 2° observer for colorimetric data, to ensure interoperability of ICC profiles. You can use a different observer for profiling measurements if you create a colorimeter correction that maps from the desired observer to CIE 1931 2°, but this requires a spectrometer. For the report it doesn’t really matter though (it affects only the shown whitepoint measurement), because it uses chromatic adaptation to evaluate color differences independently from the whitepoint.

Measured luminance was also 110 instead of 120.

Note that the 10° observer (or any observer other than CIE 1931 2°) does not report luminance in cd/m2.

Also any chance to do batch processing or convert a profile?

Not currently. I don’t think many people would need this. Those that do, can use the scripting client to automate tasks (it’s complex though) or use Argyll CMS on the command line.

I typically do 2.2 gamma and bt.1886.

Why?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS