soooo… any update on display cal for M1 macs?

Home Forums General Discussion soooo… any update on display cal for M1 macs?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Vincent
    Participant

dimaque
    Participant

Yep doesnt work with M1

Xrite display

and thers a problems with an original soft too

WE NEEd a new version of D Cal

and for ArgyllCMS

Vincent
    Participant

Maybe you just need to buy non cr*ppy computers with documented APIs. Just an alternative.

Marcin Czornyj Kaluza
    Participant

The easiest workaround is to choose Display: web @ localhost, and calibrate/profile a display thru a web browser.

kofman13
    Participant

any updates on this? why do monitors look completely different with M1 than with windows with exact same in-monitor settings? I love M1 but its so annoying to not be able to have same colors on windows 10 and m1 Mac with same monitors

Vincent
    Participant

any updates on this? why do monitors look completely different with M1 than with windows with exact same in-monitor settings? I love M1 but its so annoying to not be able to have same colors on windows 10 and m1 Mac with same monitors

Blame Apple, it’s your computer’s fault, not DisplayCAL’s. Check color format of computer to display, for example:

https://www.eizoglobal.com/support/compatibility/pc/mac/apple-m1/

kofman13
    Participant

I understand that its essentially M1 changes that cause these issues, but software could still be updated to compensate, like X rite is starting to do. I mean they will be forced to eventually since all Macs will be M1 going forward. What are calibration software makers going to do? just stop developing forever? there is no more intel Macs coming ever again

Vincent
    Participant

I understand that its essentially M1 changes that cause these issues, but software could still be updated to compensate, like X rite is starting to do. I mean they will be forced to eventually since all Macs will be M1 going forward. What are calibration software makers going to do? just stop developing forever? there is no more intel Macs coming ever again

Xrite did nothing, it’s just a native M1 version.

Issues  with “different colors” like you write is not related to calibration software at all, it is related to M1 GPU outputing different format in signal than the one that is configured as input in monitor. It’s YOUR responsibility (or monitor vendor to provide a FAQ) to find appropriate configuration for M1 GPU output and YOUR display. Eizo link explained it even your monitor is not an Eizo.

Once you solved this, you can calibrate, running DisplayCAL using rosetta ArgyllCMS or the M1 fork (https://github.com/lisanet/Argyll-macos-arm).

EL
    Participant

Oh thanks for that link Vincent, was finally able to run it again <3

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS