Shadows have ‘bands/pixels/jagged edges’ RX480

Home Forums Help and Support Shadows have ‘bands/pixels/jagged edges’ RX480

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Leown
    Participant

Hello all, I am looking for some help with a persisting issue with my RX480,  at least, I have managed to narrow it down to the RX480 after ensuring it wasn’t the monitor etc.
    I can upload pictures if helpful because to be honest I don’t even know what to call the issue.   Thank you in advance and apologies if this is answered elsewhere, it just seemed such a specific thing to narrow down that I’ve had no luck finding answers.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

Hello all, I am looking for some help with a persisting issue with my RX480,  at least, I have managed to narrow it down to the RX480 after ensuring it wasn’t the monitor etc.

To test this you have to load/reset VCGT table with DisplayCAL tray app… and if the issues are real they should show/disappear.

Also your wallpaper test is not very useful and screenshots will have no use. Download lagom lcd gradient test PNG and open it with MS Paint (you must use PAINT), Then re do the VCGT test (load/unload).

Also inspect calibration curves in profile (which are the date loaded to GPU LUTs) and resulting TRC (on profile and on verification). This will yive you an hint about what’s happeing.

Leown
    Participant

I appreciate your response, mate. Thank you. I haven’t got much of an idea what exactly you’re talking about, but that’s why we have google. I’m going to look into these to try and find a fix. thank you again .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS