Settings for Video editing?

Home Forums Help and Support Settings for Video editing?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Do you recommend the process of going into Resolve and typing in the IP address and going that route?? I’ve seen the preset that reads something like “Resovle LUT”

There’s two possible workflows for Resolve outlined in the Wiki. Choose the one that applies to your situation.

Mark MCA
    Participant

Ok…I’ve followed the instructions outlined and I’m impressed with results so far.

What’s not clear is once I go to resolve. I’ve loaded “looks” LUTs to do color correction, so I know the process of loading those. What I was not aware of…is that Resolve needs a display LUT or an output LUT for an accurate color calibrated monitor…this part is very confusing. Please just outline the steps for newbies that are NOT computer experts…click this…open that tab…select that…so on. I’m a film-maker doing color correction in Davici Resolve not a tech expert for microsoft. haha

Just a reminder…I don’t use decklink or anything like that. My monitor runs straight from the video card on my desktop computer.

Thanks in advance

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Mark MCA.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Set the LUT under “3D Color Viewer Lookup Table”. Make sure to set “3D Scopes Lookup Table” to “No LUT selected”.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS